Welcome to the website for the App.t project. App.t aims to create an app to support target groups who are more likely to be unemployed or to have difficulties finding work in the current EU economy, and their trainers. The key target group to be addressed is 16-25 years old who are unemployed and includes specifically those that:
- are socially excluded;
- have confidence issues;
- have geographical obstacles;
- are recent graduates;
- are NEET (not in employment, education or training).
Other key target groups include:
- VET trainers in the fields of:
- employability skills,
- business start-up,
- social enterprises,
- VET sector organisations
- Other professionals in the field.
The App.t app will contain interactive training content which focuses on developing business start-up skills based on the principles of social enterprise. Participants will develop soft skills and work preparation skills to ultimately increase their employability and access to the labour market. The content will be based on content produced through the SET4WORK project.
- Promoting the take-up of practical entrepreneurial experiences in education, training and youth work
- Contributing to a reduction in the number of low-skilled adults (re-skilling and up-skilling of adults)
- Labour market issues including career guidance/youth unemployment
- New innovative curricular/educational methods/development of training courses
- Recognition (non-formal and informal learning/credits)
App.t Aims for participants
- Increased confidence and motivation
- Access to training content and support
- Making learning employability skills more attractive and accessible
- Increased ICT skills
- Influencing behavioural changes towards employment
- Enabling access to VET and/or the labour market
- Recognising learning and progression routes
- Overcoming issues that would normally prevent them being involved in European projects
The App. t project is led by the University of Wolverhampton and funded through the UK National Agency for Erasmus+. It started on 1 January 2015 and will end on 31 August 2017.
The source material for the App.t project has been taken from the SET4Work project, project number UK/12/LLP-LdV /Tol-515, which was funded under LLP Leonardo Transfer of Innovation.
The training content and further sources of information were based on current information during the project duration (2014-2017) and may have changed. The training content and information is not intended to replace specialist professional business or financial advice which should be sourced from appropriate professionals and organisations. The training content and information should not be relied on for business and/or financial decisions. The project partners (University of Wolverhampton, UK, Volkshochschule im Landkreis Cham, Germany, FM Consulting s.r.o, Czech Republic, Siawns Teg Limited, UK and Vsl Galvocius, Lithuania (until 31/12/2016) do not accept any responsibility for actions or decisions made based on the app content.